Nerds Crispy Rice Cereal Treats
Total Time To Complete:
Suitable for ages 3 -12
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces bag of marshmallows (4 cups miniature)
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 5 ounce box WONKA® Frosty NERDS®
The yumminess of a fresh crispy rice cereal treat mixed with the sweet tang of Wonka® Frosty Nerds® is quite delightful, although my hubby would disagree. I’m convinced his sweet tooth is broken, and with all the holiday parties, one’s sweet tooth must be in good condition!! Speaking of parties, whipping up this simple recipe will definitely be a hit!! Not only are they fun for the whole family to make, the presentation is North Pole worthy!! Since this is for a party, we made 2 separate batches. When it came to cooking the treats, I was pleasantly surprised the Wonka® Frosty Nerds® didn’t melt, nor did their colors bleed whilst the treats were cooling. Plus they turned out so pretty! I must say, when it comes to crispy rice treats, cooking spray is your best friend. Spray hands liberally with cooking spray throughout the process to ensure you don’t get into a sticky situation!!
To Make Present: You will need a double batch, 3 Wonka® Christmas Nerds® Rope, 1 box of Wonka® Gobstopper® Candy Canes
1. Melt butter and marshmallows in a large sauce pan. Stir frequently. Once completely melted, remove from heat.
2. Add cereal. Stir until cereal is evenly coated.
3. Add Wonka® Frosty Nerds® and stir thoroughly.
4. Spray hands with cooking spray and gently press mixture into a greased (cooking spray) 13X9 pan. Let cool.
5. Cut into 2 inch squares.
6. Arrange squares in a rectangle shape on a large platter.
7. Stretch Wonka® Christmas Nerds® Rope over the length of the treats. Using a small piece of another Nerds® Rope to complete the “ribbon”. The great thing about the stickiness is you just have to press the rope down and it will stay!! If it doesn’t, you can use toothpicks, or dried spaghetti to keep the rope in place.
8. Tear a Wonka® Christmas Nerds® Rope in half and stretch over the width, meeting in the middle.
9. Place red Wonka® Gobstopper® Candy Cane in the center of the Wonka® Christmas Nerds® Rope.
10. Stretch a small piece of Wonka® Christmas Nerds® Rope over the Wonka® Gobstopper® Candy Cane.
11. Sprinkle Wonka® Frosty Nerds® around the platter for décor.
* For best results, serve same day
Serving Size:1/20 of recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 110
- Calories from Fat: 15
- Total Fat: 2g (3% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 5mg (2% of DV)
- Sodium: 80mg (3% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 8% of DV
- Calcium: 0% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
The Nerds Crispy Rice Cereal Treats were created by blogger, Kellie Strickland. To learn more about Kellie, visit her blog at Little Nummies.