Very Merry Cookie Wreath
Total Time To Complete:
Makes: 20 servings
Suitable for ages 3 - 12
- 1 package (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 14- x 17-inch piece of cardboard for base, covered in foil or parchment paper or large flat platter
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels (such as Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Premier White)
- Assorted WONKA® Holiday Candies (WONKA® EVERLASTING COBSTOPPER® Snowballs, NERDS® or SPREE®)
- Decorator sprinkles, candies and sugars
- 20-inch strip of strawberry fruit-flavored snack in 3-foot rolls
COMBINE frosting and food coloring in small bowl to shade of green desired.
SPREAD heaping teaspoons of frosting on flat sides of cookies.
ARRANGE 15 cookies on the base or platter in a 12-inch circle to form outer ring of wreath.
ARRANGE 12 cookies inside the outer ring of cookies, forming inside ring of wreath. Adhered cookies can be moved to create more space.
ARRANGE remaining 13 cookies on base ring for a second layer.
DECORATE with remaining frosting, morsels, candies, sprinkles and sugars as desired. Attach bow to top of wreath.
TO MAKE BOW:
CUT four 5-inch strips from fruit snack roll. Peel off paper backing. Cut a small “V” on end of two strips. Form loops with remaining two strips; pinch ends together. Place loops on top of strips. Pinch all together to make bow!
• For easier decorating, 1 cup of icing can be spooned into resealable, heavy-duty plastic bag; seal. Cut small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to use. Fill with additional icing as needed. Store any leftover icing covered in refrigerator for up to 30 days.
• Cookies can also be made into a tree, initials or any other shape desired.